Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Centro Restaurant

We're going to Centro Restaurant, Caffe and Bar for dinner. I peeked at their website and as usual I looked through the entire menu. I cannot wait to get in there and sink my teeth into all the goodness they have to offer. I'm not sure how much I think I can eat but it better be enough to include Nutella pizza as well as dessert.

I guess I should thank whoever manages their Twitter account (@CentroWindsor) for following me (@Homeflower)and bringing their establishment to my attention.
Thanks dude or dudette for the follow.

I will update this entry to include pictures of my selections and a brief critique.
Did I give Centro Restaurant a "Rave" or a "Wave Bye Bye" review?
Hmmm, read on and see.

Our appetizers and meal


Tuffo
Spinach, artichoke and four cheese dip with cream cheese, provolone, fontina, mozzarella; served with pizza "fritter"

Cozze
Steamed mussels in a white wine fresh tomato sauce with chili pressed olive oil

Panini
Served with spiced eggplants, peppers, onions and garlic baked in a wood burning oven and topped with fontina cheese.

My Husband ordered it with chicken and I ordered the "Verdure alla Griglia" (the vegetarian version)

This fabulous meal was followed by a terrific dessert of Nutella Cheese Cake.... Yummmm!

So I give this two year old restaurant a total Homeflower style "Rave".

Centro Restaurant
770 Erie Street East,
Windsor, Ontario
Phone: (519) 253. 1110

The only thing I did not like about Centro is their website. It's beautiful to look at but you can't zoom in to read the content so in this regard it isn't wonderful. For myself and others like me who rely on the zoom function to properly see content, flash sites are a thumbs down. It's not a big deal but it is a hinderance.

No comments:

Post a Comment