Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sharing Music: The Adele Effect

I heard Adele's "Rolling in the deep" while we were visiting Seattle... fell in love with the song. Fast forward a bunch of months and I heard more of her music. "I found a boy", "Someone like you", "Set fire to the rain" quickly became favourites and I bought them through iTunes. So far in less than a couple weeks, I have heard them 37 times through iTunes, probably at least that many times through my ipod and an equal number in the car.

I have an old friend who liked a mellow playlist I have, so I sent him the YouTube links to two of the songs and expressly told him not to read anything into the lyrics. Now I'm not even sure if I shoud've sent the links at all....

He has sent me links to songs and tells me if they have any sentimental meaning - usually they do, I sent him links to songs - mosty stuff I like that (mostly) have no relevance to our friendship. I sent him Saudis in Audis, a funny song.
I feel funny about these songs or rather how they may be interpreted. I think I may never share music with him again.

Someone like you http://youtu.be/qemWRToNYJY
I found a boy http://youtu.be/_yEVYJjpac8

No comments:

Post a Comment